We provide affordable childcare facilities in a nurturing environment for all local children. We run a small, intimate nursery and offer before and after school club and holiday club services.
B.A.S.I.C. and Corner House Nursery are committed to providing accessible childcare in a safe, secure, warm, caring and stimulating environment where each child is valued, respected, and treated as an individual regardless of race, gender, culture, background, needs, or abilities.
Our central location means we are in a unique position to make great use of the local community and a variety of stimulating environments.
To give each child the opportunity to direct their own play and learning, enabling them to reach their full potential.
What do we strive to achieve?
- To provide a place where children are safe, healthy, achieving, nurtured, active, respected, and included when their parents/carers are working, or in higher/further education.
- To widen children’s horizons by providing fun, interesting, and stimulating play activities, which gives children opportunities to express themselves, develop their own ideas, explore their emotions, and seek solutions.
- To provide parents/carers with the opportunity to access respite, employment, and further education.
- Encourage children to develop positive attitudes towards themselves and others, promoting self-esteem.
- Encourage children to explore, appreciate and respect their environment and to challenge themselves by taking calculated risks during play.
- Promote and support children in making healthy choices.
BASIC was established more than 25 years ago by a group of Forces mothers for Forces families (essentially looking after each other’s children).
B.A.S.I.C. took responsibility of Corner House Crèche in September 2008 and turned it into Corner House Nursery.
The team has systematically developed all aspects of the business, creating a successful environment, offering good quality early education and childcare at an affordable price.
As a vibrant, much-respected and forward-thinking local organisation, we have continued to develop over the years, to reflect new legislation and the needs of the families we support.